Re: [tor-talk] using UDPGW and tun2socks over Tor

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014, at 01:40 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 1:35 AM, Nathan Freitas <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >> This means we can support SIP calling over Tor, video conference and
> >> streaming, among other applications...
>
> Tor as a client also needs support for inbound binds for some apps, at
> least at the single per port level when interacting with internet at the
> far
> end. OpenVPN might, or could be extended to arbitrate those port
> binding requests.
> Hidden services do support such binds in hs-to-hs mode, at least
> statically.

Thanks for the feedback. We aren't using OpenVPN itself really, just
standard SOCKS for TCP, and then UDP tunneled inside of that SOCKS
connection using this udpgw-client/daemon system.

The VPN code that is part of the solution is more of a local loopback
capability for Android that allows us to intercept that packets.