Re: [tor-talk] {Spam?} Re: recent firefox releases

Thanks Roger for your prompt reply.

Indeed you were right. I deleted all the installations I had on my PC and started from a new clean one, adding Firefox 33 and then Tor browser 4. I then added addons+favourites and everything worked fine, with no interferences anymore.

However, when you have a moment, I'd need to be clarified about this:

- first I must say I had a look around internet and found quite a few suggestions, but none of them appeared to be satisfactory or totally reassuring. The problem is that I often travel, for work reasons, in Arabian countries where, as you can imagine, censorship is quite strong and dangerous. First time I tried to download Tor from there (i was in Quatar in 2008) I had to struggle a few hours to find the way around.

Now the problem is that occasionally they could detect the use of Tor, as they recently did in Iran and then set up one more barrier to it. On the other hand they also try to prosecute those (not yet foreigners people) caught to use it.

So I'd like to obfuscate my Tor (or Tor Browser) usage if possible, not to mention my IP address of course.

I've managed so far to hide my IP, which is easy. I can not find a way to hide the use of Tor.

Don't rush to reply, but if you have a suggestion, please let me have it.

My OS is Windows XP Pro, (sorry, but I can not get rid of it)

Thanks again.

Giorgio