Re: [tor-talk] Facebook brute forcing hidden services

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 01:07:24PM -0400, Mike wrote:
> Here is an obvious question that I can't figure out.
> Why would you use a service that cares nothing about keeping your details
> secret?
> They'll give you up to the state faster than you can blink.
>
> If you are in a country that blacklists facebook, (china) logging onto
> facebook should be the least of your concerns. TOR and facebook don't
> belong in the same sentence.
> Honestly if I was running an exit node still. I'd just add facebook to
> nullroute right now.

Censorship and network interference is exactly what we're trying to
prevent in this situation. Why would you want to prevent someone from
reaching their destination? We're interested in freedom (and providing
unrestricted access), not controling where users can and can not go.