Re: Welcome back!

Glad to see some renewed activity here!

>From: Mike Ciul <mike@eyeballsun.org>
>Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:22:33 -0400
>
>So far, I'd like to stick roughly to Galen's plan: version 1.0 will enable
>users to resize the board. I'd like to give people the ability to choose
>between PC and C64-style play in this version, but I don't know how
>realistic that is.

Since xarchon appears to play fairly faithfully to the original, is there a
reason to delay a 1.0 release? There are a few small bugs that still need to
be cleaned up, but xarchon _works_, so it would seem to make sense to
release 1.0 without resize capability. This would alert potential
users/players that xarchon is no longer beta software, and would also
provide a nice "reference" release for future work.

Version 2.0 (or 1.2) could include the resize capability, then SDL after
that, etc.

Is this an approach you would consider, Mike?

regards,
-Mason Thomas