Re: Mike's patch to Rob's patch

>Mike Ciul wrote:
>} TODO
>}
>}    * Sometimes the game crashes with the message:
>} 	"iface_frame(): reply is too short."
>} 	It seems to be during the computer player's board turn.
>} 	Needs looking into.

Rob Rendell replied:
>This happens when the board AI fails to correctly translate its intended
>move into a sequence of keystrokes, and it reaches the end of the keystroke
>list without having finished its turn.  My local copy of XArchon has an
>additional printf after that error message, saying what the computer was
>trying to do... did you get that as well, or did that mod not make it into
>the patch?

Yes, I got that. Here's an example of a crash I got frequently:

the-hard-bad-guy is light, light goes first.

Light turn:
Top unicorn teleports to top basilisk. Unicorn wins the battle.

Dark turn: I move a goblin or a basilisk in the lower half of the screen.

Light turn:
Computer cursor moves to top unicorn and stops. Then the cursor goes up two squares (to the banshee), and crashes.

output:
iface_frame(): reply is too short.
last command was b=(spell=0, x1=8, y1=2, x2=8, y2=0)

I found another bug!

It looks like the dark player starts off too far right on the field. When the actor tries to go up or down, it can't move. If it goes left and then back to the right, it can, but I think it's not as far over anymore.

>}    * Animate all archon-theme sprites. I think only the elementals are
>} 	animated now. Some actors, like knight and goblin, need their
>} 	firing states fixed so they don't show two weapons at once.

>}    * The original game had 2 kinds of obstacles. I assumed the second kind
>} 	were trees or hedges. I think their cycle was twice as fast as the
>} 	rocks. Should we add them?
>
>Did it?  I don't remember them, but you could be right.

Check your emulator and tell me what you think. Also, anyone who has the PC version (Ronen?) can you tell me if there's something similar?

- Mike
--

This message comes to you from GVOX, pioneering Immersive Music(tm)
experiences -- the Next Generation of Music Entertainment

Mike Ciul
GVOX Interactive Music
1080 N. Delaware Ave. 8th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19125
Voice: (215) 922-0880 Ext.: 144 Fax: (215) 922-7230