Re: X-Archon

Hello Roy.

I've sort of "resigned" from the job of maintaining the game, so naturally I
cannot accept (or reject) your suggestion.  However, as you can see, I am
forwarding this mail to the xarchon mailing list, for the active maintainers
and programmers to decide.

Now, regarding your two questions.  Firstly, changing the strengths (or
whatever) of individual actors (or icons,
as the classic game refers to them) is not as flexible as one might wish, as
far as the last version I released goes.
However, people have shown intent to make this an integral part of the theme
(in addition to the graphics) in a
future version.

Secondly, the graphics:  no animated gifs or anything like that.  For each
frame of the animation there is a
distinct file (in XPM format).  The filename contains a sequence number, and
this way the game knows the
correct order of the frames.  However this is really a techincal question,
and I'm sure a way can be found
to translate the images in whatever format you may present them in.
Assuming there will be enough interest
in your suggestion, of course.

It seems I've chatted about this long enough, I should step aside now and
let the people who would be doing
the real work tell you what they think.