From: "Mike Ciul" <mike.ciul@gvox.com>
To: <xarchon-l@seul.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 19:58
Subject: intro

> Hello! Is there anyone on this list?
>
> I've finally got my linux machine in order, installed gcc and emacs, etc.
I'm still quite a newbie, but I think I can help with the xarchon project.

> I got xarchon running on my LinuxPPC box, and everything seemed good
except that the computer was playing really badly on the field. I identified
and fixed two small bugs, and now it works better.

> Please forgive me if this is an inappropriate way to suggest bugfixes, I'm
not clear on how it should be done...

{

> fixed line:
>
>    if((field_me->weapon->actor->type & ACTOR_WEAPON_SHOOT) ==
ACTOR_WEAPON_SHOOT) {

> Bug #2: The computer almost never shoots (I saw it shoot once or twice at
point-blank range)

> Fix:
>
> in computer.c, in computer_field_collision_course(), near the end:
>
> original line:
>
>      if ((rock >> ROCK_IX_SHIFT) != -1 &&
>
> fixed line:
>
>      if ((rock >> ROCK_IX_SHIFT) != ROCK_NONE &&
>
> - Mike
>
> --
>
> DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this message, including this
disclaimer, are entirely my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of
GVOX Interactive Music. The views expressed below this disclaimer belong
entirely to GVOX Interactive music and do not necessarily reflect my
personal views.