Re: intro

Robert Rendell wrote:
>Ok - I'll have to go through my diffs from 0.50, because I've actually done
>quite a lot, it turns out.  Here's my "done" list (including some stuff
>that I've already submitted to Ronen); some of the comments are a bit
>cryptic, since they were just notes to myself.

Wow!

I noticed a couple of those things on the changelog for 0.50. The field battle changes sound great... I can't wait to see them.

>} I've been eyeballing the C64 version too... trying to get approximate
>} ideas of speeds. Have you done that already?
>
>Yup - here's the summary of my 'research' :)  I hacked Frodo (the C64
>emulator I used) to help me with timing things; it has the option to 'limit
>speed', which normally throttles the emulator to run no faster than an
>actual C64, but I changed it to run ten times slower than that when the
>'limit speed' button was on, so I could actually count frames, and grab
>screenshots of, say, a bullet 10 frames after it was fired, to measure the
>distance it had travelled in those 10 frames.

I got different results in my weapon speed tests for the Wizard and Fire Elemental. I think they are both the same speed as the Djinni, a little bit slower than the Sorceress. (40 vs 48 pixels by your table)

I'm using MacFrodo, which will play at 20% speed without hacking, but I wasn't able to stop it or measure frames exactly. I couldn't get quantitative results, but I'm pretty sure of all my relative measurements.

Thanks for all that painstaking research!

- Mike
--

This message comes to you from GVOX, pioneering Immersive Music(tm)
experiences -- the Next Generation of Music Entertainment

Mike Ciul
GVOX Interactive Music
1080 N. Delaware Ave. 8th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19125
Voice: (215) 922-0880 Ext.: 144 Fax: (215) 922-7230