field.c todo

Galen, could you tell me what you think of this field wish list? I've listed it before, but I'm not sure if other people actually want to see them happen:

My high priorities:

   * Bring back Ronen's square-based movement as an option.
   * field rock collisions are annoying. You can get stuck on rocks, and it's
	hard to walk by them since they stop you even on a diagonal.
	here are some ideas:
	  rocks push you away from their center instead of stopping you.
	  If you hit a rock, your direction changes by 45 degrees.
     NOTE: I have a patch for this. I'll see if I can dig it up.
   * support different-size icons.
	Cloud weapons could be single large sprites, not tiles.
	I think this is related to Galen's work on changing the field size.
   * The C64 game had 2 kinds of obstacles. I assumed the second kind
	were trees or hedges. I think their cycle was twice as fast as the
	rocks. Ronen said the PC version only has rocks, so this might
	be part of the C64 mode.

Should we treat PC Archon and C64 Archon like two themes for one game, or two different games, like Archon and Adept? I'm not sure if things like pixel-based movement and trees should be considered theme properties or game properties.

Rob- how different is the Adept field? Would it be possible for one hunk of code to handle Archon and Adept field play? I don't know if field.c is flexible enough right now, but if we're going to start tearing into it, flexibility would be a good goal.

My low priorities:

   * if rocks have different shapes, they should have different bitmasks.
	Draw rocks on top of floor instead of replacing floor?
   * if you don't have a movement key down and you hit fire, should you
	fire in the direction you're facing? I know this is different
	from the original, but I think it would make the game more playable.
   * hand weapons- overlap with monster sprites a little so it looks like
	they're actually holding them?

--
Mike Ciul
GVOX Interactive Music

This message comes to you from GVOX...creating new ways to bring music to life.
http://www.gvox.com
http://www.notationstation.net