side note...

If any of you are interested, I recently went and d/l'd a C64 emulator
just so I could play Archon and Archon II in their original form.  I did
this to get an idea of where we stand. (Unfortunately I got sidetracked
by one of my all-time favorite games, M.U.L.E.) How many of you are
aware that there is actually an Archon III?  It's called Exciter.  I had
some problems playing it; namely, I had no idea what to do.

I'd recommend this as a way to refamiliarize yourselves with how these
games play and to realize just how well Ronen did with his inspired
version.

=G=

PS - I fully intend to try and redo MULE in SDL.