text editors

What text editors do y'all use?

Not that I mean to start a flame war, or anything, but I have a question
about emacs.

When I use emacs, it indents everything for me. I like that, but it doesn't
indent things the same way that they were before- this makes cvs diffs
really ugly because every line that got re-indented is different.

Can anyone tell me how to set indenting so that my changes will match other
people's files? Maybe someone already has some emacs settings for Xarchon
they can just post here...

Thanks!

- Mike

--