side note: EsounD

To the discussion on sound APIs, I should add that I still don't have sound working on my computer.

I can't get configure to recognize EsounD. I finally downloaded it (version 0.2.18-0_helix_1), but configure complains as follows:

*** The esd-config script installed by ESD could not be found
*** If ESD was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the ESD_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to esd-config.

This seems wrong, because I have esd-config in /usr/bin/.

Any ideas? Is this a problem with EsounD that suggests we should scrap it, a bug in the configure script, or am I just doing something dumb?

- Mike
--

This message comes to you from GVOX, pioneering Immersive Music(tm)
experiences -- the Next Generation of Music Entertainment

Mike Ciul
GVOX Interactive Music
1080 N. Delaware Ave. 8th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19125
Voice: (215) 922-0880 Ext.: 144 Fax: (215) 922-7230