[bos-dev] [bug #58753] Compile gives error with SDL libraries

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I am running a Debian Buster Linux system. I have installed and played Boswars
using the Debian package. I decided to try the source code.

Using the source downloaded (10 July 2020) with the link on
https://www.boswars.org/development.shtml (svn ...) and running make.py starts
compiling, but then gives a few errors:

 1) I got various errors as I did not have all the packages required
('subversion', 'liblua5.1-0-dev', 'mesa-common-dev' and 'libsdl1.2-dev' were
added).

 2) I get an error "GL_GLEXT_VERSION redefined". This was defined in
SDL/SDL_opengl.h and GL/glext.h. I found a post on the internet suggesting
this was a problem with the SDL1 library, so I edited its SDL_opengl.h file
and commented out the definition of GL_GLEXT_VERSION.

It would be useful to know which packages are required, and confirmation on
using SDL or SDL2. The 'fix' that I applied may not be correct.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?58753>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/