[bos-dev] multiplayer games a la Netpanzer (or even more arcade-ish)?

	Did anyone pondered about implementing Netpanzer-like (no
	resource management, primarily melee) games in Bos Wars?
	(Disclaimer: I don't know much about Netpanzer, actually; just
	read the Description: of the Debian package and saw a few
	screenshots.)

	Apparently, the issues are as follows:

	* the game has to be started simultaneously by all the parties
	  in Bos Wars, while it is not necessary in Netpanzer;

	* the Bos Wars AI apparently expects that it'd be possible to
	  build power stations and magma pumps, and to train troops,
	  while it wouldn't be in Netpanzer-like games; (the AI just
	  seems to do nothing sophisticated on no-Engineers, no-Vault
	  maps, as of boswars 2.5-1 in Debian);

	* there should be a counter of victories and defeats for each of
	  the players (or a more sophisticated scoring mechanism, check,
	  e. g., Xpilot, where defeating a skilled opponent gives one
	  more points than defeating a novice); I'm not sure that such
	  scoring could be implemented on top of the current engine.

	Also, I was wondering about the possibility of bonuses and (or)
	powerups: occasionally, a bonus would fall from the sky, and the
	unit that'll run over it will have its parameters instantly
	improved.

	Perhaps, wander even further and have xfirepower and xtank
	clones implemented on top of the Bos Wars engine?  (Not to be
	followed by Bomberman, Pong and Tetris clones, however.)

	Did I miss anything else?  Any ideas on how to implement the
	above (or whether it's actually necessary to implement these)?

--
FSF associate member #7257