Re: [bos-dev] elite level 4 runs slow

I'm not a boswars developer, but I have the feeling this problem
combines with a loop of the enemy behavior. Each enemy seems to have a
few stratagies to get something done, if it tries for tto long, it
will reset the loop. All agants seem to try to find a path and fail
with a timeout, resetting this loop en this slows down the game.

As I said, I'm not a developer, but you could try the following to get
a more acturate reading on this bug:
Compile boswars with debug information on (read the documentation on
the switch to use), look for the "Looop to much" or something like
that message.
Find the origin of this message (should be in some lua code)
Try to rewrite/hack to disable the path planning (should be near that
lua code also)
See if that fixes the problem.

If you have the time, you might be able to see if the path finding is
really the problem. Other testcases may also help (like small map with
an enclosed enemy).

If you don't have any time, then wait for somebody who knows about it
to write to you (or ask on IRC, the team is very active there and read
the IRC logs)

Good luck!

Bram