Re: Machines for East Timor on the way

Kylie Davies wrote:
> Just an update on CBV's effort to get some linux boxes over to ET
> - these are now on the way - thanks to the guys at the ETCCP.
>
> Thanks to all our techies for building the machines. :)
>
> Mostly these will be used as gateway servers for windows based
> systems.

If you're setting up servers for Windows clients, consider using the
e-smith system - it's a package that sits on top of RedHat and allows
local administration of everything...  Community Aid Abroad has been
using it on all our servers (including one in Dili, and we're about to
install another there).

See
	http://www.e-smith.org/
	http://www.caa.org.au/groups/IT/dili/index.html