Re: Sydney? WA and SA?

Telford Tendys wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 11, 2000 at 12:25:48PM +1000, basil wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > Basil here.
> >
> > It has indeed been quiet. I would love to meet some of the people who would
> > be interested in getting Computerbank (NSW) started.
>
> I'm in Sydney, haven't seen much NSW stuff happening on the
> computerbank list.
>
> > I will be at the Crystal Palace Hotel, George Street on Tuesday 15th August
> > at about 8.30pm.
>
> Well I can drop around, from memory the Crystal Palace is near the
> cinemas (am I thinking of the right place?)... is it a good place
> to meet when no one knows each other?

Basil - you are going to regret choosing this spot and I do not wish
to explain how I know where it is.

The Crystal Palace is  in George St close to the corner of George St
and Quay St. Roughly Doc Martens shoes are on the corner, the Crystal
Palace, The Gun Shop and The Sex Aid Shop as you go down George
Street. You want Broadway Bus Stop area, where Broadway & Pitt St
join/cross George St. On the other side of Quay St, where the
Devonshire St tunnel comes up, the Tafe has a building there, there
are a number of cafe's/fast food places and a Theatre is around the
corner in Quay St. Try http://www.whereis.com.au and search for Quay
St.

> How about we try to coordinate with one of the SLUG meetings at
> UTS and someone speaks about what Computerbank is all about, then
> everyone knows they have come to the right place (and some of the
> slug people might be interested).

Been there, done that and it was the usual people attending. It seems
to me that the SLUG people who are interested in doing this sort of
thing are already doing it in various forms.

On the other hand, how long has it been? I'm saying don't expect to
rock up to Slug and get a whole pile of people - Slug has trouble
finding people to do stuff for itself.

   email: terryc@woa.com.au  www: http://www.woa.com.au
       or terryc@zip.net.au
   snail:  PO Box 1047, Campbelltown, NSW 2560.

-
ComputerBank Australia -- http://www.computerbank.org.au/