[Computerbank] Fwd: [cai-vic] Help Required for Melbourne Print Museum

Subject: [cai-vic] Help Required for Melbourne Print Museum
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 07:42:49 +1000
From: "David T. Hatton" <davidth@melbpc.org.au>
To: "cai-vic@lists.linux.org.au" <cai-vic@lists.linux.org.au>

Hello All.

This post is somewhat off topic, but I hope not out of order.

Michael Isaacson, of the Melbourne Print Museum, is in need of some
help this coming week. Long time Computerbank people will remember that
Michael helped out during the early days when the Victorian branch was
trying to get started and had little in the way of facilities.

Michael faces the task of moving large quantities of historic printing
equipment from a shortly to be demolished factory in Maribynong to new
premises, the location of which are still being finalised.  The
demolition is currently scheduled for Sunday September 1, ie/. next
Sunday.

Michael would like to get the services of a few volunteers to help with
stocktaking and some repacking to allow transporting of the equipment
in a sufficiently organised manner so that it can be readily identified
and unpacked in its new home as required. It's not necessary that you
be experienced with printing equipment, just willing to spend a little
time helping out getting things organised and recorded. There has been
a fork lift and driver organised, so there will be expert help with
lifting heavy things.

If you can spare some time this week, please email me a.s.a.p for
further details. Any help will be appreciated.  Apologies for the short
notice, but the situation has developed somewhat more quickly than
Michael anticipated.

Cheers,

David H.

ps. I will be going tomorrow (Monday) and possibly later in the week.