[Computerbank] new branches discussion

Good morning everyone across our wide brown..

Who's interested in a new branch? Where?

I was thinking about an email to send to a few personal friends and
contacts around Australia to let them know we are doing this now. Then I
thought it'd be good to talk it over on here with everyone first, it's not
finished but so far I've said..

---

Computerbank wants people to start talking about setting up branches
wherever they live. Please let everyone know. Suggest they join the
Computerbank mailing list to see the discussion underway on there between
others interested in the same thing, and to join in that discussion as soon
as they wish.

	<mailto:computerbank-request@lists.linux.org.au?subject=subscribe>

Tell them to suss Computerbank Australia Inc.
http://www.computerbank.org.au/ for background.

They expect to have everything tied up and ready by early Feb 2002 for a
branch to start anywhere, particularly in the bush, and want to start
talking to everyone on their list about it now, preparing as much as we can
for that time. A lot of what will be needed can be done ahead of Feb 2002,
wherever the groups of people interested in doing it exist.

What are they offering? Expertise and help for people who will however do
much of the work involved. Insurance coverage for all volunteers, answers
to all questions, training manuals, assistance to find a local Linux expert
who will help, assistance in local people learning Linux, assistance in
training the trainers they will need,

(( what else are we offering? is what I've said so far correct? ))

---

Regards to all, Bruce