Re: [Computerbank] Missing posts

Daniel,

> I've given up on trying to deal with this shit behind the scenes,
> since our friendly admin seems to be stonewalling.

I sense some angst here; if you have a problem with the administrator of
the mailing lists then it strikes me as being rather, endemic. Here is a
simple solution:

 1) Don't have a single person as list administrator
     - get two at least from all "factions"
     - given the nature of computerbank, one from each state would
       seem natural

 2) Have a "head" administrator
     - whether that is Kylie, Romana, Shaun or John Howard for that
       matter

 3) Let the "head" administrator do all of the work

However, the other administrators will see mailman complaining about
posts needing moderation or being held. One should make a policy of
keeping "blocked" posts for a month [there is an option on the web page
to do so - something like keep a copy for administrators].

Therefore, the other administrators can step in if the head
administrator goes on holidays, is having a bad hair day, has evening
sickness and so froth. And it will soon become obvious if there's any
"stonewalling" going about.

All quite simple really.

<-- doesn't know what the fuss is about

DSL