Re: [Computerbank] Debian PGI Installer

On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 09:48:42AM +1030, David Lloyd scrawled:
> > > No, you don't.
> >
> > Thanks for your exhaustive explanation.
>
> No problems.

Hint: Sometimes you want to back your points up.

> > Where did you send them to?
>
> I tend to talk to people in person rather than on mailing lists if I
> happen to be finding out what needs to be done. Romana and I are friends
> and I throw hardware at her as much as I can.

Meaning that it probably doesn't get back to Jaymz, the upstream
developer. Stuff doesn't get fixed if you don't report it.

> > I'm aware how flexible it is, but I'm just not seeing why Computerbank
> > should go through all the work of switching to something that provides
> > no real benefit I can see. *shrug*.
>
> Oh, you like the current installer with its dreadful English, bad humour
> and lack of documentation? And just who said that Computerbank would do
> the work...

It's not that bad; I'm sure people can decipher it. CustomChuckie was a
lot worse than Desktop Penguin; DP cleaned up a lot of the ^_^s, bad
jokes, et al. Which one are you using?

Computerbank has documented procedures for Desktop Penguin, and
*everyone* who does installs is used to DP, because that's what they do
for a lot of their time. Converting to PGI would mean time expended
getting used to the new system.

> > Not to demean your work or anything, I just really don't see why.
>
> As I said, I can see you don't see why :-)

And you're not helping your case by explaining.

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone@trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne

PGP signature