Re: [Computerbank] Questions - Was:Missing posts

Don Cameron wrote:
The role of volunteer administrators is very much that of nurturing
volunteers and fostering membership, but it is also a role that involves
managing organisational objectives in a manner that ensures the objectives
are not adversely impacted by the actions of volunteers. Not everyone is
suited to be a volunteer within a diverse organisation... just wanting to
help is not enough... individuals also have to commit to the organisational
ethos and culture if they truly want to offer value and be subsequently
deemed as a 'valuable contributor'. Volunteers will often find a particular
organisations culture not to their liking, which is of course perfectly
OK... there are lots of organisations looking for volunteers.
My light experience with the CAIVic and CAISA exchanges has only shown me conflict. I do not want to commit to that kind of culture. And noone should have to.

I am sure there are better things under the surface. It just amazes me that things have appeared other than that.

I am not pointing fingers and anyone or any group in particular. This is a general concern.

Dale.