Re: Software so Computerbank users can use their own languages

Bruce McCubbery wrote:

> Their focus is business of course but, for East Timor, if we can have the
> 'easy' three included and make provision for the 'hard' one (Tetum) we'd be
> OK for now?

As far as I can tell East Timor is actually a reasonably simple case. Both
Indonesian and Portuguese appear to use the same Latin-1 character set as
English, and I would expect Tetum does too. So it should be possible to use
the standard tools to communicate in all the target languages without having
to install any additional software or fonts.

Supporting East European or Asian languages would be a bit more difficult
but not unreasonably so. I think its more a training and support issue, as
people will have to be shown how to customise their environment to take
advantage of the facilities available.

Frank
-
ComputerBank Australia -- http://www.computerbank.org.au/