[Computerbank] Linux Terminal Server Project

Anyone using ltsp in Australia?
We have two organisations that need to set up
a LTSP network in our small rural community.
1) youth group
2) Community Radio Station

http://www.ltsp.org/index.php
http://www.k12ltsp.org/
Ltsp-discuss mailing list.   To subscribe, or change prefs,
goto:
For additional LTSP help,   try #ltsp channel on
irc.openprojects.net
Maybe if there is enough interest we could start an Australian
LTSP mailing list
Michael white

*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********

On 9/24/01 at 7:19 AM Jason Straw <jstraw@towhee.com> wrote:

>Hi again....
>the meeting is ___Friday the 19th of October___ NOT the 21st...
>I don't know what on earth got me to make that mistake....
>
>Jason
>
>On Sun, 2001-09-23 at 22:36, Jason Straw wrote:
>> Hello LTSP Users and Yorktown HS LUG members
>>
>> This Update is both a change of date and a change of
presentation.
http://yhslug.tux.org/meetings.php3
>> Everyone is welcome to come to the meeting, which will be at
Yorktown
>> High School in Arlington, VA. To get directions to Yorktown
High School see

-----

>> Development and Administration of the Linux Terminal Server
Project

>> The Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP), has a mission to
provide all
>> of the installation and administration tools necessary for
deploying
>> thin clients in a GNU/Linux environment.
>>
>> The LTSP software is in use all over the world in businesses
and
>> schools. The core package has been downloaded by over 80,000
people
>> and the documentation has been downloaded more than 100,000
times
>> since we started the project in August of 1999.
>>
>> Whether you are setting up a 2nd workstation at home for your
kids to
>> use, installing 5 workstations in a Dental office for
bookkeeping,
>> deploying 50 workstations in a Cyber Cafe, or installing 500
>> workstations at a major university or corporation, the LTSP
will help
>> guide you through the challenges that await you.
>>
>> The presentation will cover all aspects of setting up LTSP
and
>> diskless thin clients. From building workstations to boot off
the
>> network to NFS, X, Window managers and applications.
>>
>> There will be copies of K12ltsp or a new ltsp distro looking
toward
>> the consumer market(maybe, just maybe Jason will do that...)
>>

>> Presenter
>>
>> The October Presenter is Jason Straw, Jason is a Student
System