Upcoming release

Contrary to what I said earlier the other incompatible changes I had
in mind will already go into 0.4.4. Most of the changes are done and
I hope to have a prerelease version by the weekend.

I just converted the distributed maps to the new format and I'm
going to describe the procedure here lest I forget it till the weekend
;-)

I hope to have Marcus's map ready for the release some time next week,
and it'd also be nice if the Polish team could get it translated. Of
course, we need to get the story straight first...
Brain, what's your status on Three Mountains? I get the feeling this
would be best left for the next one?

So, here we go:

1) Export the map using the 0.4.3 version of CoMET

2) Get it into your favourite text editor

3) Search for "trigger = turn" and (if present) change it to
  "trigger = timer"

4) Search for "tturn = ", change it to "ttime = ", and convert the
  number using the formula I posted the day before yesterday
  (time index = (turn number - 1) * 2 + (player number - 1)). Also
  keep in mind that you now have finer controls over when to trigger
  so you might want to tweak some of those numbers.

5) xpos/ypos and txpos/typos are now contracted into one tag called
  pos and tpos, respectively. So something like

   xpos = 5
   ypos = 22

  becomes

   pos = 5/22

  This is true for units, shops, and all events that support these
  parameters.

6) Save the modified file and run it through cfed 0.4.4:

    cfed level.src --tiles /path/to/default.tiles --units /path/to/default.units

  If everything went right this will create level.lev in the same
  directory as level.src. You can load this file back into the new
  CoMET.

7) For Create Unit events there is a new parameter ("face") which can be
  used to set the direction the created unit will be facing.

Note that not all changes described here have been committed to CVS, yet.
In fact, most haven't.

Jens