Re: Campaign Story Revised

On 26.08.2004 07:14, Dave Fancella wrote:

Holy crap!

Act two:
[...]
Third map: FNA has sent some troops to the mountains, moving through an area that looks a lot like SW Wyoming (nobody lives there except a few small towns supporting a shipping industry). At the foothills of the mountains, they discover Area 51, or Kand's equivalent of it. Both sides being surprised, FNA moves to take it. That's what this map is about. It's here that they first hear of a biological weapon that was engineered by Nexian scientists and captured by Kand that targets Kand folks. Some barrels of this stuff are unaccounted for, although a newly liberated Nexian scientist claims to know where it is.
The scientist actually is a member of another underground faction,
the Liberation Front of Northern Kerlo, supposedly also fighting against
Kand which makes him even more trustworthy. FNA and LFNK team up.

Act three:
[...]
Fourth map: That battle. The troops are ambushed. ANother Anthill-like scenario. (This subplot can be abandoned if it gets too unwieldy)
What FNA didn't know, though, was that in order to support their forces
and somewhat work around their supply shortage, the Empire has been hiring
local mercenaries to do the dirty work. The LFNK, in the face of heaps
of credits and the post of a Governor in one of the northern provinces
of Kerlo, couldn't really help but switch sides. The FNA part of the mixed
dispatch that was sent for the bio weapon suddenly finds itself stabbed
in the back by their allies.

Third map:  The General
[...]
Act four:
First map:  The Battle for the Enolian Air Fields.
On the map it looks like the air fields are south of the plains. The
General takes place on the plains, however (probably where you placed
the Kand HQ). That way they would likely already have stumbled across
the air fields.

Second map: Not sure. ;) Possibly the Sarph rift?

Third map: Not sure. ;) Should be the flanking maneuver that reunites their forces. (Omyar Gorge?)
[...]
I'm not sure where the Sarph Rift and Omyar Gorge fit in here, actually. Jens (or someone) should either just tell me, or modify this timeline and insert them.
Sorry, I have no idea what Sarph Rift is referring to. And I'm not sure about
Omyar Gorge, either. Maybe we should just let it sit for a while? In the
end, it doesn't _have_ to get into the campaign. If we get enough maps
without it, that's fine.

Not much more to add right now.

Where can I get the book? ;-)

Jens