Re: Terrain info (was: UI: Enhance impassable terrain/damage indicator display)

On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 18:59:44 +0200, Marcus Schreiner <marcus.schreiner@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, if I want to have information on terrain, I want to know as much as
possible: The image (on the map, perhaps also a "portrait", if we find
some artist :-) ), movement cost and also combat modifiers (exact
numbers). The info dialog should be accesible the same way like the unit
info dialog (i.e. by right clicking on a hex and selecting an entry). If a

player right-clicks on a unit, a menu will have to appear like on
transporters (instead of showing unit info directly or displaying the
"Access denied" window). The important thing is to be able to get info
about terrain below an enemy unit.

Andrej

I think that we do not need to show the exact numbers for combat modifiers.
I like it being vague in this area.

When I attack enemy unit I want to know why am I doing it right here. Now I'm not really sure if I'm attacking on terrain that gives me advantage and I don't like it. The only information (apart from sources) is available in man crimson in the section on terrain which mentions only that on plains/road you get advantage when attacking and disadvantage when defending and that you get a bonus in mountains. No information about the significance of the bonus... No information which terrain belongs to the "plains class". I like being informed (and that's why I looked in the sources to get some idea :-) ).

Andrej