Re: Problems with the second tutorial map

On Tue, 31 May 2005 18:33:04 +0200, Jens Granseuer <jensgr@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Mon, 30 May 2005 20:08:32 +0200, Jens Granseuer <jensgr@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nah, comet also exports a number of default settings which aren't
> necessary. I usually remove those settings before vomitting to CVS.

Um, s/vomit/commit/. What have I been thinking...

:-D. I thought you were just joking :-).

I found a few more minor issues with the mission:

* The message reads "If your tanks got damaged move them to your factory...".
As only one of my units had taken damage I only moved that one into the
factory and then wondered what I was missing. You should either change
the message or the trigger (or both).

I changed the message so that the player has to move both units inside.

* After moving both tanks in, repairing them, and producing an additional
unit my objectives still read: "Repair your tanks and build an additional
unit." You could use a different unit than Medium Tanks to be built so
you can properly trigger an objective change here.

We have settled that we'll do with just medium tanks so I'd leave it as it is. I added one sentence to the mission objective so the player has a note about it.

* The "Warning, enemy is launching an attack" message has "Be careful
  not to lose any units" in it. Is that true? Necessary? It's probably
  sufficient if the veterans survive, isn't it? Or just the infantry?

:-). I was silly to think this will get through unnoticed :-). Anyway, I disabled the mission losing events after getting this message so if the player loses any of his tanks, it's just his problem. The loss of the infantry still causes the defeat. I also changed the briefing.

I changed the mission name to "Of boys and men". Patch attached. Now it should be (finally) finished :-).

Andrej