Re: Wiki (was: Mountains)

On Monday 06 June 2005 12:25 pm, Jens Granseuer wrote:
> On 05.06.2005 19:28, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> > This other project I'm currently working on is an wiki engine and is
> > worth a look. It is called DokuWiki (http://www.splitbrain.org). It is
> > perfect for documentation purposes and has all the features I missed at
> > PHPwiki. It is able to cope with images and this would be a great
> > benefit for documenting Crimson. You should think about a wiki change.
>
> I agree phpWiki has a few issues. I wouldn't particularly mind a
> wiki change, either, as long as it doesn't create any extra workload
> for me. Then again, Dave has been planning a major restructuring for
> a while now, although I don't know if that includes the wiki. Site
> management has been somewhat neglected from day one, but I doubt
> I am going to do something about that anytime soon.

Embed it into Mambo.  :)  It's on my to-do list still to switch out to
Mambo  for the main site.  I can use a wrapper around whatever wiki
you want to use. phpWiki was Hobson's Choice, so you won't meet any
resistance from me switching it out.

The main thing I'm interested in is having a unified look.  If your
wiki system can just provide a basic xhtml layout without the header
and all that other stuff, I can take care of the rest.  Or you can
embed it into Mambo and/or help me embed it into Mambo, 'cause we're
going Mambo just as soon as I get 60 consecutive minutes to do it.  ;)

Dave