Re: Unit due to appear on an occupied hex

On Wednesday 22 June 2005 03:37 pm, Andrej Krivulčík wrote:
> When a unit is going to be created (by Create Unit event) on a hex that is
> already occupied, nothing happens. This may be a
> little bit confusing (e.g. in the 3rd tutorial map there's warning that
> enemies are arriving, if the player has units on the
> "right" hexes, no units appear) or players can cheat this way... It would
> be perhaps good idea to try also the adjacent
> hexes and if they're free, deploy the unit there...

I don't see a problem with this, sorry.   :)  I recall that in Operation
Market Garden, the Germans had occupied one of the drop zones, and since the
radios were broken, the fact of the occupation couldn't be reported to the
pilots and soldiers, so the reinforcements got gunned down when they dropped
on the occupied drop zones.  Same problem for supplies.

Maybe it could be made optional, which would allow a normal routine to happen
where drop zones are automatically relocated to accommodate occupation, but
then we could still simulate Operation Market Garden properly.  :)

Dave