Re: More Soundtrack

On 05.03.2004 06:02, Dave Fancella wrote:
> Some questions:  (Well, one question)
>
> First, what sort of support does SDL have for midi?  Here's what I found:
> http://www.libsdl.org/projects/SDL_mixer/
> http://icculus.org/SDL_sound/
>
> Of the two, SDL_mixer is definitely bundled with Mandrake 9.2, I don't know
> about any other distributions.  Apparently Gentoo has SDL_sound, according to
> the webpage.  I'll look later and see if Mandrake has it.

I have only had a short look at SDL_sound a while ago, but if I'm not mistaken
it doesn't support playback and is more akin to an audio I/O library.
SDL_mixer should be available with all major distros, and as we already use
it for sound effects anyway, I'd much prefer not to add another dependency if
we don't have to.

Jens