Re: Wiki access?

On Sunday 06 March 2005 08:08 am, Matthias Grimm wrote:
> Hi,
> What have I to do to get write access to the Wiki?
>
> I got stuck at the login dialog which I'm not able to pass. Do I need a
> special account? Who can create such an account?

Ummm, there's a link somewhere to create an account?  We disabled anonymous
posting because of wiki spam.  :)

Upon examination, it's clear that phpWiki could use some work along these
lines.  If I used a standard form username (lower case letters), it wouldn't
let me in.  If I used a WikiWord (AllFirstLettersAreCapitalizedWithNoSpaces),
it just created an account for me.

So, use a WikiWord to sign in and it should work for you.  Then you'll have an
account settings page you can access from the front page of the wiki where
you can set a password and a few other things, iirc.

Anyway, the idea (just in case you discover the implementation doesn't match
the idea) is that anybody can post to the wiki except spammers.  So it should
be hard enough to prevent automated bots from spamming the wiki, but still
allow anyone to write to it.

Dave

--
Visit my website!
http://www.davefancella.com/?event=em

It is much easier to suggest solutions when you know nothing about the
problem.