Problems with the second tutorial map

Just to freshen things a little bit:

Jens wrote:
The map is currently broken if you lose one of the tanks in the first
battle. I haven't actually checked, but what happens if you lose the
infantry and don't have the resources to build a new one?

I'm trying to resolve these situations. I decided to abort the mission after losing one of the starting tanks because I wouldn't be able to trigger the "returned home" event with new tanks unit (which would have different ID). This wasn't complicated but I want to abort the mission also when the player loses the infantry. And the problem is that the unit is not created at the start of the mission and its ID is also unknown.

How can I trigger an event by destruction of unit which is not yet created? I miss some kind of "if destroyed one of player 1's infantry" or "if destroyed all of player 1's infantry" triggers. Or is there a workaround? (Perhaps guessing or setting the infantry's ID?)

Andrej