First 0.5.0 prerelease

Hey all,

it's been quiet for a while. The reason you haven't heard from
me lately is that I've been moving into a new appartment, and as
a result of that I have neither had much time to work on CF, nor
internet access for the last four weeks.

You might now think this is just another lame excuse for not getting
off my ass as usual, but you'd be wrong this time. I haven't been
slacking completely, and I have uploaded proof at
http://crimson.seul.org/files/crimson-0.5.0pre1.tar.bz2

CVS, however, is not yet updated since I first need to clean up my
tree a little and split everything into committable portions.
Hacking for weeks without any commits tends to end in a pretty big
lump of... stuff.

So, what's happened? To some extent unexpectedly, networking
has finally arrived. It turned out to be a little more involved
than we (well, I at least, and Henk, too, I guess) had hoped
initially, and it's still a little rough in places, but it mostly
seems to be working ok in my limited testing.

So, give the prerelease a spin and let me know what you think.
I also want to say thanks once again to Henk for his BT networking
protoype which was a big help in getting everything set up.

If everything in networking land turns out to be fine the way it is,
we'll need the translations updated for the release. I keep "de" and
"en" up-to-date, and Andrej and Waclaw always do a nice job on "sk"
and "pl", but "fr" and "hu" currently don't have any active
maintainers and are a little behind the times already, so if anyone
wants to step up and fix those, that'd be great.

Speaking of the 0.5.0 final release, I haven't gotten any feedback
concerning the new mission I posted (the prerelease contains an
updated version with some minor difficulty tweaks and working
handicaps, but it hasn't been integrated in the campaign, yet;
btw I was really tempted to rename that map to "Lame Duck" ;-))
and the issue of which mountain tiles to use. Why's that?

Bring down the net.

Jens