Re: Metaserver idea...

GGZ? just implement IRC as a shared library. A little mod of that IRC module would implement seeing the games started by connected users (then clients could just double-click the host in the list). That IS exactly what I meant when I was on the topic of using IRC as a netplay center. Oh, and GGZ or whatever protocol could be used for tracking the games, created by connected users. I'm not a coder, but I think there can be a protocol signature, which makes other users see the host as a game room. (We might use "away reason" feature of IRC for that signature). GGZ might only be used to track the maps and download the map from the host if it's not found (which is rather deep implementation and lots of work).