Re: [f-cpu] Winograd DCT on my seul.org account

Juergen Goeritz wrote:

> What one would need is a language with a very good
> type checking like in Ada, Pascal, Modula a.s.o, a
> language that can do easy prototyping and reuse of
> coded parts like Forth, a language disallowing the
> side-effect programming styles, a language that can
> handle OO approaches and a language that is capable
> of parallel execution pathes.

How about Occam? ;)

As far as type-checking/encapsulation/concurrency goes it seems to
qualify, and functions are ensured to be side-effect free at least  (I
think that hits the sweet spot, imperative programming is here to stay).

It obviously lacks some basic features, foremost handling reference's
and OO ... but an implementation for zero-aliasing references was
introduced not so long ago, and and some interesting proposals for OO
extensions have been made by others (the distance between message
passing and prototype based OO is not long).

Marco