Re: [f-cpu] Winograd DCT on my seul.org account

Juergen Goeritz wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002, Marco Al wrote:

>> How about Occam? ;)

> Have these proposals made the way to implementation yet?
> Is there a PD compiler to start with?

Just the handling of references, in KroC :
http://www.cs.ukc.ac.uk/projects/ofa/kroc/

> BTW I spent years on message passing and I don't share
> your opinion about that 'not long' distance to OO.

I have 0 experience in language design so Ill take your word for it.

I have a soft spot for CSP and Occam. The absence of aliasing is
interesting, and message passing just seems so much more suited for
programming concurrent architectures than shared memory approaches.
There dont seem to be a lot of actively maintained concurrent object
oriented languages (COOLs) which use message passing, with CSP and Occam
still going relatively strong after a long history Im just hoping to see
Occam become one :/

Marco