Re: [f-cpu] F-CPU vs. Itanium (HBT technology)

> > [...]
> > > for the whole mutiplier unit (0.18 ľm).
> >
> > You overlooked the clock frequency of *16* GHz.
>
> Yep maybe, it's 32 times more for 32*31=992 memory point. To be Compare
> to you're design that use packet of 4096 flip-flop banck ! ;p

Well I can't find the original site I read about 16G from. But
there are some links to authors' work:
http://www.darpa.mil/ito/research/netex/presentations/McDonald-RPI.pdf

and here is info about older (3GHz) version of the chip. It discipates
5W of energy - so that 20W for 16G might be my mistake because they
said that energy discipation increases slower than linarly when making
HBT smaller and clock higher.
http://www.isscc.org/digests/1999/DATA/11_3.pdf

regards, devik