Re: Rep:Re: [f-cpu] The last killing argument FOR the GPL licence

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 12:01:39PM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:
> hello,
>
> Michael wrote :
> > Oh no, not THAT discussion again :-(
> Did you think it was over ?

Suspended.

I will change my license at most *once*. Until there is an `F-CPU
Public License' that I can agree on, things will stay the way they
are.

In order to come to an agreement, we should start to compile a list of
rights and responsibilities users shall have. In particular, they
should be allowed to

	- make verbatim copies of the complete source code

	- distribute verbatim copies of the complete source code

	- make derived works if they release the source code under the
	  same license

	- use parts of the source code in their own projects if they
	  release the source code under the same license and include a
	  notice that they are using parts of the F-CPU

	- substitute parts (e.g. gates, flipflops, maybe also memory)
	  with cells from proprietary cell libraries if it is necessary
	  in order to produce silicon (they shall, however, fully document
	  such changes)

	- produce silicon and distribute it, as long as they also
	  deliver the source code for everything but the above mentioned
	  proprietary cell libraries (the source code for the substituted
	  components must still be included)