Re: [f-cpu] IDU News

hi !

Michael Riepe wrote:

On Sun, Apr 06, 2003 at 04:58:38PM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:

hi !

Michael Riepe wrote:

One open question remains, however:  What shall I do next? ;(

well, given the exhausting party and your nickname,
i guess you can rest a bit ;-P

I did ;-P

But every time I try to rest for a longer time, I get crazy ideas.

ouch ! :-/

Like implementing a Galois Field (GF) multiplier, for example.
That kind of instruction is usually found in DSPs, since it's used
a lot in signal processing -- it's the basis for Reed-Solomon ECC.
But it's also found in AES (aka Rijndael).

hmmmm ....

i'd better check the maths about that ....

indeed, there is a special issue of "Pour la Science" (the french translation
of the american "Science" magazine) that is entirely dedicated to Evariste Galois.
This has been highly advised to me, particularly because the explanations are cristal clear.
They maybe explain all the secrets to ECC ...

YG who should code more VHDL, otherwise F-CPU will become "Tired-CPU" :-P