Re: [f-cpu] Yet Another Upload

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 07:07:17AM +0200, Yann Guidon wrote:
[...]
> >Synthesis reports welcome.  BTW: You may also try to synthesize 128-bit
> >or 256-bit versions of individual units (except IMul64 which doesn't
> >auto-scale yet).
> >

> I am more worried about the correct work of the general scripts and what
> they can do now.

Which scripts do you mean?

> Tests must also be redone regularly to check that all the sources work
> correctly with all the known tools. If someone wants to do a regression
> server .....

I usually test everything with Simili (the old NT version) before I
release it.  I could also run vanilla, but it's soooo sloooooow...
Tests with other tools (and reports if something fails) are always
welcome, but are only required after major releases like this one.
Remember that running all testbenches takes a while.

> I seem to remember that a lot of important things were missing in the
> main script.
> But keeping it up to date made me forget what was missing ....
>
> Hmmmm now that Michael has added yet more functions, the C version of
> the unit
> must be rewritten : cool ! ....

There is a C version?

We better do things step by step.  First, we'll have to decide which
instructions we're going to use in FC0, and which of them will be
mandatory for later versions (this applies to all units, not only
the adder).  Second, all instructions should be properly documented in
the manual.  Third, I'll have to update the assembler and the emulator.
Finally, someone can update the machine description for gcc.