Re: [f-cpu] Re: FC0 XBAR

> > You could use a dual port RAM. Those are usually capable of
> > two accesses in a single clock cycle. This gets more of a
> > problem if two ports are not enough though.
>
> any register set today is close to multiported RAM...
> I have seen 8-port configurable SRAM in an ASIC, for example.

Those exotic memories are very vendor specific. Before using them
extensivly you have to choose the vendor and sign NDAs to check what nice
memories their memory compiler supports :) single and dualport SSRAM is
a safe choise, all vendors I know support them. 4-port is already
problematic. Also more exotic memories are available from some vendors
(CAM etc.) which can be useful in some cases.