Re: [f-cpu] Register Bank

> wouldn't be sufficient anyway with its poor 96 MB of RAM).  When Nico
> tried to synthesize the multiplier on his Suns, he also ran into memory
> limitations (1 GB is not enough for such a big unit if one turns on some
> optimization bells & whistles during the run).  So, if you can provide
> access to a multi-gigabyte multi-gigahertz multi-CPU system and a set

If necessary I can sometimes run some test synthesis runs with DC if you
can provide DC script file for the compilation. I have access to 4G and 8G
Suns that have DC (and hopefully bigger ones in future :)).

For FPGA implementation the multiplier can be a problem. Hand
optimized version might not be optimal with FPGAs. For example Synplify
does usually better results is the multiplication if it is just told with
* operator. Synplify has excellent multiplier synthesis. It creates much
faster multipliers than for exmaple Xiling core generator.