Re: [f-cpu] dc and linux

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001, Michael Riepe wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 03:09:01PM -0400, nicO wrote:
> > I never see a tools that could use more than one cpu ! So forget SMP,
>
> Yep, it's a pity.
>
> > you will lose just a little more money. I just see in my favorite
> > asiatic shop that a Mother board+Athlon 1.4GHz+2Go will cost less than
> > 5000 F ( <800 Euros). Pentuim 4 is good only for specific written code
> > (SSE2) so athlon could be much faster than Pentuim 4.
>
> A decent board (with AMD chipset) with 1,4 GHz AMD and 2GB registered
> PC2100 DDR-SDRAM (4x512MB modules) costs 2000 EUR in Germany, and I
> also need an ATX case, power supply, hard disk(s) and so on, so I'll
> probably get away with 2500 EUR for a complete system.  Sorry, but I
> can't afford that.

Hi,

we are currently setting up a configuration like this for
cluster applications. Since the amount of machines is a
little bit higher than usual it may get cheaper in price.
Since they are cluster node configurations don't expect
good graphics or DVD or other creapy game stuff. It comes
with Linux & Ethernet card. German type 230V AC. Desktop.

If someone is interested please drop me an email directly
for further details.

PLEASE DO NOT STATE ANY INTEREST OVER THE F-CPU LIST!

I want to apologize for this mail in advance. I know that
the f-cpu mailing list is not intended for this purpose.

JG