RE: [f-cpu] Re: Floating-Point?

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Hans Summers wrote:

> Sorry I still can't see it. Which electric or aerodynamic simulations
> require 30 decimal places of accuracy?

I don't see it either. I have done some analog electronic simulations when
I was at the university and the lecturers always were saying that the
simulations usually are 5-20% accurate :) Not anywhere near the 30 decimal
places. I understand that in iterations inside the models some accuracy is
needed, but not this much. It's quite fun to compare the simulated
and real silicon results of the simulations, there are always differences,
1% accuracy is an excellent result.