Re: [f-cpu] More Instruction Set Trouble

Lee Salzman wrote:

> When that fails... hasn't anyone told you that global variables are
> evil anyway? :)

I thought Objects and dynamic linking are Evil.
I like global Variables. I sooner would see more globals in use than putting
everything local.
foo{ char bar[2000]...}

I think if compilers did more sorting of data on size ( objects <= 8 bytes )
first
and then everything else you would not need as many immediate constants.

> >Any other ideas how we can reduce/avoid the `address load penalty'?
> An add coupled with a prefetch for data address loads off a
> base/module register would be very nice. Possibly an immediate add
> that some how supported longer immediate constants would be nice too,
> but that could be done without.

Yes otherwise you would have F-CSIC :-).
Ben.
--
Standard Disclaimer : 97% speculation 2% bad grammar 1% facts.
"Pre-historic Cpu's" http://www.jetnet.ab.ca/users/bfranchuk