Re: [f-cpu] http://www.cordis.lu/ist/ka4/mel/index.htm

On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Graham Seaman wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, Yann Guidon wrote:
> > concerning the page at http://www.cordis.lu/ist/ka4/mel/index.htm,
>
> <snip>
> You might have more luck with
> http://www.cordis.lu/ist/cpt/cpa13.htm
> which (depending on the meaning they attach to 'open') sounds like it
> has explicit encouragement for open designs, even if its not quite so
> close to the fcpu.
> For software there is actual EU money for free software development, but
> the deadline for this year is very close:
> http://www.cordis.lu/ist/ka4/tesss/impl_free.htm
>
> If you don't get a reply from the guy you mailed you could try the
> mailing list linked with EU funded free software development at
> http://eu.conecta.it/ It's software only, but at least the people on
> the list are into libre stuff and have some experience of the inner
> workings of EU bureaucracy...

Hi,

don't want to disappoint you but there are some handicaps
when looking for funding by EU tax money. The company or
university or whatever must have stable setup and usually
has to finance part of the work by itself. I don't know
if it's possible at all to get funding money without a
legal entity/company behind.

JG