Re: [f-cpu] F-CPU architecture...

hi,

Rares Marian wrote:

What I mean is the registers instead of being accessed by routes, all listen to the address bus and act when they are called. They particularly whatch for the link instruction. Then they store their temporary address. They can also track how many accesses have occured across the whole register set. link r1, r2, instr. The link instruction tells r2 to watch for accesses to r1.

The instr parameter then allows the register to perform a special instruction every so many accesses.

I admit maybe I just have a fascination with self modifying architectures.

hmmm and what would it be useful for ?

yg