Re: Rep:Re: [f-cpu] signed cmpl

Michael Riepe wrote:
On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 08:38:53AM +0000, Nicolas Boulay wrote:

There some imm instruction using 8 or 16 bits.

I had proposed a long time ago, to use the 6 bits register adresse field
to create an immediat adressing mode available for every instructions.

With the constant following in the next 32-bit word(s)? Well, no.
I don't want to build yet another CISC machine.

Well I am glad I never took computer science, and just
learned computers on my own. I don't give a DAM what you
call it,immedate constants NEED to be with every instruction
set. Any how would not immedate constants be taged as a long
constant preceding a instruction? Load/Store machines because
they need to generate effective addresses often need to have good
immedate instruction format.

Ben.