Re: Rep:Re: Rep:Re: Re: [f-cpu] No latches, please !

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 08:56:40AM +0000, nicolas.boulay@ifrance.com wrote:
[...]
> bascule is composed by 2 latches with the second used
> inversed clock. A fliflop use a pulse generator to
> trigger a single latch (so it's transparent only few
> times, that's create the setup and hold time, that's
> why IBM prohibite flipflop).

The `rs bascule' (whatever that is supposed to mean) is also called
`master-slave-FF'. The latches `lock out' each other; ideally, there is
no transparent phase (depends on the timing). But it's almost twice as
big as the pulse generator version.